Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well hello there

Allow myself to introduce…myself. I am a newly married gal in my late-late-twenties. Like most newlyweds these days, we lived together before we got married, so this is not going to be a a blog about me learning to cook and clean for my man. I know how to do both, at least to some degree. I’m currently just more of a “pasta with sauce from a jar = dinner” and “Swiffer-ing the kitchen floor once in awhile totally makes it clean” kind of person. My husband, C2, actually likes vegetables and is sad when I don’t make any. He even likes brussel sprouts! I, on the other hand, am not a big vegetable fan. This is especially messed up for two reason: one, I was a vegetarian for several years; and two, I am very interested in nutrition. I figure now is as good a time as any to start trying to make more “real” meals at home to include more whole foods, like vegetables, into my diet. Hence the blog name, “Learning to Love Vegetables.” I figure I’ll never love cleaning, so no way vacuuming was making it into the title.


I don’t have the patience to cook or bake enough to write a “food blog,” so this blog will be a mix of food and amusing (or boring) stories from my life. Such as my attempt to get back into shape, or me failing miserably at getting back into shape due to a “Real Housewives of New Jersey” marathon. Or me trying to figure out why it is I can watch a marathon of RHNJ for hours, but not be willing to sit down for a 2-hour movie so I can get a new one from Netflix. You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment