Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

CEiMB -- Chicken with Warm Tomato and Corn Salad

This is my first post as part of the "Craving Ellie in My Belly" blog group and I am very excited about it! Basically, there's a group of bloggers who cook up a different Ellie Krieger recipe each week and blog about it. For those who don't know, Ellie Krieger is a registered dietitian, cookbook author, and Food Network personality specializing in healthy, tasty food. I'm looking forward to cooking her recipes on a regular basis, especially since they will likely involve a lot of, you know, vegetables.

On to the food. This week's recipe was Chicken with Warm Tomato and Corn Salad from the book, So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week. I halved the salad recipe since it was just C2 and I eating, and made it over the weekend on a very warm evening--just the right kind of night for a light meal. Even better, itdidn't involve much standing over a hot stove. The most time consuming part was chopping up the vegetables and even that didn't take very long.



First there were the tomatoes, then the corn. Okay, I didn't have to cut any corn since I used frozen kernels. The recipe also calls for scallions, but I forgot to buy them at the store. Whoops.


I then heated up a pan to cook up the chicken. I used boneless, skinless breast tenderloins. At least I think that's what they were called--thin, small pieces of chicken. The important thing is that they were little and cooked up crazy fast. Hooray quick food!



While the chicken cooked up, I managed to cut up some avocado, cilantro, and lime. Or, as I named them while cutting, the three green amigos.


After the chicken was done, I set it aside cooked up the tomato and corn along with some garlic. Just a few quick minutes later, dinner was ready! Don't worry, I didn't forget about the three green amigos. The warm tomato and corn salad was topped with chicken, which was then topped with the cilantro, avocado, and squeeze of lime juice.

Mmmm tasty

It was quite delicious. I should have seasoned the chicken a bit more with salt and pepper, and maybe a little something else (I'm not good enough at this yet to know exactly what would work). Even though I halved the tomato corn salad, I kept the full avocado amount because I really, really love avocado and hardly ever have it.

8 comments:

  1. I adore avocado too! I still think that half of one is an acceptable serving. Your salad looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. Those chicken tenderloins would be perfect because they cook up so quickly.

    Welcome to CEinMB. It is a small group. But we have great times cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, welcome to the group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your presentation as you cooked up this week's Ellie recipe.

    Delicious! Thanks for cooking with me this week and welcome to CEiMB :D

    Danica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard, and I love your process photos...especially b/c I am not home this week and didn't get a chance to make it before I left. I will catch up once I get back to my kitchen as this looks so good! You did a great job with this recipe, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the group! And your first post on here looks fabulous! We loved this recipe and glad you liked it too. (I also used frozen corn - it was delicious).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to CEiMB. Yes, I am late getting around. I am glad, I came here. I love your presentation of your first CEiMB entry. If this is a sample of what is coming, I am going to be visiting a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! What a great week to start CEiMB :)

    Love the three amigos LOL

    ReplyDelete