Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Macaroni Salad

As promised, here's the info on the macaroni salad I paired with my slow cooker pulled chicken. Growing up, I would not touch macaroni salad. I was a picky eater in general, but all the mayo in macaroni salad made me want to run and hide. At some point as an adult, I must have tried macaroni salad and it wasn't bad! In fact, I sort of liked it.

Since the husband is not a fan of store bought macaroni salad, I decided to try my hand at making it myself. The hardest part of making macaroni salad is chopping up the vegetables. Well, that's the second hardest part. The hardest thing is waiting to eat it!

Step one: combine all ingredients except pasta.



Step 2: Add pasta, stir, and put in fridge.

Step 3. After waiting patiently, serve and eat!



Macaroni Salad, adapted from Classic Macaroni Salad

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon and 3/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon relish
dash of paprika

While pasta cooks, mix all other ingredients. Add cooked and drained pasta to mix and combine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment