Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

CEiMB -- Whole-Wheat Pasta Salad with Walnuts and Feta

This week's CEiMB recipe is whole-wheat pasta salad with walnuts and feta hosted Kayte of Grandma's Kitchen Table. I may not have taken many photos, but I loved it! While the pasta boiled, I chopped up spinach, onion, feta, as well as the sun dried tomatoes I added in. I set the mixture to the side while I toasted and chopped the walnuts before adding them to the party.

The dressing was incredibly easy to make, though I used olive oil rather than walnut oil. I doubled the amount of dressing and combined everything.


It was very tasty that evening, as well as for lunch the next day. The only thing I would change is using less onion. I used half of a small/medium red onion and it was overpowering--and I LOVE onions. I also added some dried cranberries to the lunch leftovers and it was delicious. I will definitely be making this dish again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks lovely. I like the idea of adding sundried tomatoes and dried cranberries...great recipe for being able to play around with it a bit. I agree with you on the onion, I will reduce the amount I use next time as well. I liked it okay, but I think a little less would be just as good and not as over-powering. Happy to hear that you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum on the dried cranberries! Great idea! I also loved this, but I can see your point about the onions. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used olive oil too. I use oliver oil on everything. Rachel Ray and me could be relatives. HA. I like the cranberry idea! Your dish looks fabulous. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used olive oil too, and really loved the dressing. Next time I would make more dressing too. And I also am a bigtime onion lover but found the amount in this recipe to be very, um, good at clearing my sinuses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this a lot more than I expected. Good idea to add the cranberries and sun dried maters.

    ReplyDelete