Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

CEiMB -- Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta

Well, today is Thanksgiving in the U.S. For Craving Ellie in My Belly this week, we can choose any Ellie recipe we want. Since I'm sure there will be lots of delicious, heavy food at Thanksgiving, I decided to pick a light seafood dish--Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta from The Food You Crave (page 234). This dish is amazingly simple yet delicious and will definitely be a regular in my house.

Basically, you cook up some onion and garlic in olive oil, then add two cans of diced tomatoes until the mixture thickens. Throw in some shrimp, parsley, dill, salt, pepper, and feta, and put the whole thing in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes. That's it!


I decided to serve the shrimp with brown rice, but it would also be great with pasta.

2 comments:

  1. One of our favorites....we love this dish. Around here we call it Shrimp on the Floor in honor of a fellow CEiMB blogger who no longer has time to blog CEiMB...Cathy at The Tortefeasor. She made it, when it was finished she somehow managed to drop it all on the floor, and blogged about it, including photos of it all over the floor. It was hysterical. Yours looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I thought I had made this Ellie meal but now looking at yours, I realize I never have! That's a shame because I know we'd totally love it. It's now going on my to-make list. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete